Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Destination Disney - 3 Favorite Disney Resorts



We're on our eighth week of the Destination Disney challenge.  I can't believe we're almost done... I've really enjoyed it! 

Of all the Disney resorts, I've personally experienced just 6 of them.  3 "deluxe" resorts, 2 "moderate" and 1 "value".  Today I'll tell you all about my favorite 3, and no, they don't all fall under the "deluxe" category! 

 3.  Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

For my 30th birthday, my husband treated me to my very first on-property Disney vacation!  We stayed at this "moderate" resort, in the Aruba buildings and I LOVED it!  The theme was so fun and colorful and the walk through the Caribbean Cay felt so tropical.  We took a paddle boat out on Parrot Bay and had some yummy dinner at Shutters.  One of my favorite things about the Disney resorts is the themes.  Unlike your typical hotel, these resorts go all out to make you feel like your vacationing in, say the Caribbean or... Africa...
 


2.  Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

Which brings us to my 2nd favorite Disney resort... Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge.  Words can't even begin to describe the, well, awesomeness of this resort.  It's just gorgeous.  Inside and out.  If the amazing decor inside doesn't make you feel like you're in Africa, the wildlife that surrounds the resort will.  I've mentioned before that Kilimanjaro Safari is my very favorite attraction at Disney's Animal Kingdom, well a visit to this resort is like riding Kilimanjaro Safari all day.  Plus, if you're lucky enough (like I was!) to stay in a Savannah View room, you'll experience it all night too.  Well, maybe not the animals, since they enjoy a good night's sleep too, but you'll still have the incredible view and the animals are right there as soon as you wake in the morning.  The only reason this resort didn't make my #1 spot is because it lacks the view of my most favorite spot in all of the Walt Disney World resort... Disney's Magic Kingdom.
 


1.  Disney's Polynesian Resort

But the Poly's got it!  Plus a fantastic theme and the convenient monorail right there...those are the reasons why I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Disney's Polynesian Resort.  My husband and I stayed here for our 11th and 12th anniversaries.  I'd avoided it for years because of all the "Brady Bunch Goes Hawaii" jokes but we stayed at the Contemporary for our 10th anniversary and when our monorail stopped to let guests off at the Poly, I told my husband, "We're staying here next time".  Something about it just called to me so I had to give it a chance and I'm so glad we did!  Best.  Vacation.  Ever.  Even if we hadn't been bumped up to Club level with a Magic Kingdom view when we checked in (which we WERE!), I still would have loved it!  I'm pretty sure that we'll be finally investing in DVC when the Poly Villas go in!
  
Can't wait for Disney's Art of Animation Resort!

If this list had been for 4 of my favorites, I would have listed Disney's All-Star Movies Resort.  Like I've said, I LOVE the themes and at the All-Star resorts it's "go big or go home"!  I love the giant icons all over the resorts.  The only downfall is the rooms lack the same "big-ness".  Not at the Art of Animation though!  These rooms scream Disney and I love that!  I can't wait to go big!  But which theme to choose....

And be sure to check back next week for our family's 2 Favorite Disney Memories

2 comments:

  1. What a great list! I've never stayed at the Poly, but it's going on my list anyway - we love visiting there! :)

    Oh, and don't worry - after this 10 weeks is up, we'll start over with some new themes! SO, the fun won't be ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa, I enjoyed reading about your favorite 3 WDW resorts. We have also stayed at The Caribbean Beach Resort, in Martinique, and loved the laid back feel of the place and great theming. I would love to stay at The Polynesian one day. We visited twice and felt very at home there. I hope you get to stay at the new resort soon. Best Wishes.
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete